Wednesday 2 December 2015

My Top 12 Reads of 2015

My Top 12 Reads of 2015





I set up this book blog on December 30th 2014 and it's been a whirlwind of a year. I've met so many amazing people - bloggers, authors, publicists, publishers (many of whom have become 'real' friends, not just 'virtual' ones) - all with a love of reading. I have a huge 'To Be Read' pile that never seems to go down, as more and more brilliant books come on the scene. And I've had over 55.5K page views of my blog since I set it up.

Watching other bloggers choose their Top 10 Reads of 2015, I thought I should probably do the same. Until I looked at all the books I've read so far this year (which will be well over 200 by Dec 31st) and realised it's such a difficult decision. So here's my top 12 instead.

Here they are (in no particular order)…

How To Be Brave by Louise Beech
"How To Be Brave is a book about hope, courage, acceptance and love... It's beautifully written, heartwarming and passionate."


Read my full review

What Milo Saw by Virginia Macgregor
"What Milo Saw is a sweet touching book with an emotional message. It's all about hope, sadness, forgiveness, letting go of the people you love and finding out where you belong."















Read my full review

Asking For It by Louise O'Neill
"I read this in one sitting. It's thought provoking, sensitive and emotional… This is a book that pulls at your heartstrings and leaves you with tear-sodden tissues and a thumping heart."




Read my full review

The Dandelion Years by Erica James
"What an amazing heart-wrenching story and beautifully written book. Over the last few days, I have cried at, laughed through and shared the memories of Saskia and her family."














Lost Girls by Angie Marsons
"Angela Marsons' books get better and better. I love her style of writing, her believable flawed characters and her plot development. Lost Girls is very cleverly constructed and tackles a highly emotional issue."



Read my full review

Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton
"Little Black Lies is filled with secrets, lies, betrayal, suspense and intrigue. I read it in just a few hours, yet the story lingered in my mind for some time afterwards. It's chilling, nail-biting and breath-holding writing at its best."



Read my full review

Snowblind by Ragnar Jónasson
"Snowblind is a literary whodunnit. Based in a remote Icelandic town, set against beautiful snow-covered peaks, this is an atmospheric chilling novel."



Read my full review

Normal by Graeme Cameron
"This is a brilliantly written fast-paced novel and I read it in one evening. I don't give spoilers in my reviews, so can't say too much, but some of the book had me in fits of laughter (which felt so wrong, as serial killers are certainly no laughing matter)."



Read my full review

Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
"Our Endless Numbered Days is a beautifully-written tale, filled with mesmerising descriptions and haunting prose… This is a novel that will stay in my memory for a long time."



Read my full review

Tenacity by James Law
"The submarine provides an intriguing setting, not just because of its size but also its claustrophobic environment, making the story chilling and highly atmospheric. Tenacity is a real roller coaster read and I held my breath for the last 10%."















Read my full review


I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
"Wow, what a rollercoaster read… No spoilers, but what a twist… The best OMG moment I have ever read!"



Read my full review


A Place Called Winter by Patrick Gale
"I read A Place Called Winter in one sitting. This is a moving tale of hardship, violence, determination, betrayal, pride and triumph. It's not always an easy read, but it's certainly a fascinating one."















Read my full review

These are all books published in 2015, rather than books I have read in advance for next year. There are so many other books I would love to mention, but I'm having to limit it to these. Just visit my A-Z index to see more of my reviews and check out my Author in the Spotlight features for some great Q&As.

I have some great reads lined up for 2016, including Shtum by Jem Lester and Girls on Fire by Robin Wasserman. Plus an amazing book by Lisa Hall, which will be published by Carina (Harper Collins) in March 2016 and has a twist to rival I Let You Go!

2 comments:

  1. Whoop whoop, chuffed to bits to be included on this list. Thank you lovely lady XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I second many of your choices, it has been such a good year for top titles!

    ReplyDelete